How to get Ijen Crater – A Guide Hiking Ijen Crater
Mount Ijen is located on Banyuwangi area and Bondowoso City, the easist way to Get Ijen is Start From Bali and Continue to Banyuwangi , From Banyuwangi Ijen can reach with 1 Hour Driving with good road (not bumpy road) so Jeep Driving is not necessery . Even you drive motorcycle the road is good , but little bit need skill due the road is mountain way and you are in Jungle.
For Midnight Program Ijen Crater we advice depart from Banyuwangi by Midnight. Arrive on Paltuding Parking area you can prepare for stuff hiking , You will be hiking 3km , Normally people take 2 Hours for Hiking , arrive at Rim by 03.30am. Down to The crater takes 300 meters to close Blue Flames Phenomena , Blue Flames Ijen Crater is amazing phenomena in the world after alaska and only visible in the dark. The best Visit ijen Crater is start from June – September with Less Rainy.
Beside Blue Flames Phenomena or Blue Fire Ijen Volcano you can see activities the miners, they produce of sulphur start midnight until afternoon by 11am (Ijen Crater activities will be closed by 11am) on Friday they will be off from work due the sulphur factory is closed. Miners of Sulphur Ijen Crater can collected until 100kg everyday , 1kg about 1200 rupiahs. The sulphur factory is from china they use for cosmetic and medicine. Some companies they make sulphur to make sugar become white.
Some Tips and Advice Important before Hiking Ijen:
– Ticket on Paltuding area (meeting point all traveller) normal day is : 100.000rupiahs (one hundred thousand rupiahs) from monday to friday, Weekend ticket is 150.000rupiahs (one hundred fifty thousand rupiahs).
– Bring Jacket , the temperature around 8 degrees celcius – 11degrees celcius
– Bring light and gasmask for your safety to hiking and down to the crater to see blue fire.
– You can bring cigarette or some little snack/ candy for the workers/miners sulphur
– When going backdown to parking area-Paltuding area walk slowly sometimes the road slippery.
– The workers of sulphurs Miners Ijen start work from 01.00am until evening.
– Travellers from Bali must change the clock time, because java is 1 hour less from Bali time, to prepare and schedule your trip to Ijen Volcano.
How to Get Ijen Crater – Tips and Advice Kawah Ijen Guide Hiking